As an experiment with the ideas of wilderness, I carried out some screen prints of scenes of the wilderness. I first created some initial designs of mountains and a forest. Then I cut the designs out and printed it onto card using the silk screen and printing ink. The overall effect was good, and I had to make sure that the tips of  the mountain were a darker colour to the mountains.

For the designs of the print, I used an example of a scene of wilderness; mountains, and an example of Biomimicry and patterns of nature; fossils. Here you can see my designs for the print, my first attempt and final outcome with added white acrylic detail.

In terms of my strengths and weaknesses, I think the process was successful, and the outlines of the shapes were sharp and the colours worked well. As an improvement, I would add more detail to the mountain and maybe add an element of architecture to the print.

Advertisements