During our trip Wolverhampton University, we created plaster casts of ‘negatvie space’- space that is not used, that would be filled with plaster to show ‘trace’.

I used a cupcake case to show the negative space of the case when not in use. Firstly I painted the inside of the case, then I mixed powedered Gypsum with water to create the plaster. Once mixed I poured the plaster in the case and left to set.

I found the process quite easy to do and it didn’t take a lot of time to set, however if I was to improve my experimentation I would use a negative space that relates to the theme of Passions and Obsessions or even to the artists I am focusing on.